Forest Clans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Current Weather
It is newleaf, and the clan's lands are flourishing. The sun has been out and about, keeping everything warm, and at the same time there are frequent rains. Not so many as to create a flood, but enough to keep the plants lush and the prey plentiful.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 27 on Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:36 am
Clan Stats
Welcome to Forest Clans!

What does "temporary" mean?

Clan stats:

ThunderClan:
Leader: Silverstar
Deputy: Darkaura
Medicine Cat: Skyfern
Medicine Cat App: Twistedpaw
Warriors: 6
Apprentices: 3

RiverClan:
Leader: Ripplestar
Deputy: Spiralflood
Medicine Cat: Snowfeather
Medicine Cat App: Ivypaw
Warriors: 5
Apprentices: 2

WindClan:
Leader: Hawkstar
Deputy: Goldleaf (Temporary)
Medicine Cat: Radiancedusk
Medicine Cat App: Greypaw
Warriors: 4

ShadowClan:
Leader: Lyrestar
Deputy: Open
Medicine Cat: Nightshade
Medicine Cat App: Open
Warriors: 2

Loners: 5
Kittypets: 2
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Alright, LISTEN UP! [MANDATORY READING!]
Acaciastorm needs Advanced Roleplaying Tutor :3 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 5:14 am by keanai

» loner wants to join shadowclan
Acaciastorm needs Advanced Roleplaying Tutor :3 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:01 am by keanai

» reincarnation?
Acaciastorm needs Advanced Roleplaying Tutor :3 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:24 pm by horrorstar

» The site has Moved!!!
Acaciastorm needs Advanced Roleplaying Tutor :3 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 5:24 pm by keanai

» The King of Hearts | ADVANCED | WIP
Acaciastorm needs Advanced Roleplaying Tutor :3 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 1:12 pm by keanai

» Layla's home
Acaciastorm needs Advanced Roleplaying Tutor :3 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:21 am by horrorstar

» TwilightClan | Pro-Clan! (For now!) 6 high ranks available!
Acaciastorm needs Advanced Roleplaying Tutor :3 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 1:59 am by ϡ Acacia~!

» Choosing The Right Lace Front Wig
Acaciastorm needs Advanced Roleplaying Tutor :3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 8:38 pm by ϡ Acacia~!

» Inactivity
Acaciastorm needs Advanced Roleplaying Tutor :3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 8:37 pm by ϡ Acacia~!

Acaciastorm needs Advanced Roleplaying Tutor :3

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Acaciastorm needs Advanced Roleplaying Tutor :3 Empty Acaciastorm needs Advanced Roleplaying Tutor :3

Post  ϡ Acacia~! Mon May 16, 2011 5:24 am

So, I'd like to audition for the role playing school~.

Username: ϡ Acacia~! (Otherwise just Acaciastorm ;])

Strengths:
  • My laptop has a built-in spell-checker feature. Or, at least, Google Chrome does. :D
  • I try to make sure that I read posts fully and attentively
  • I try my best to write at least semi-literately c:

Weaknesses:
  • Terrible at making plots (>.<")
  • I get writers block a lot...
  • I can't help getting an eye twitch at bad grammar (not really a weakness but... meh :])
  • Unfortunately sometimes I forget to read over my posts.
  • I... am too obsessed with coding. X.X
  • I type kinda slow. :/

Think you can help? :P Thanks~!
ϡ Acacia~!
ϡ Acacia~!
Medicine Cat
Medicine Cat

Female
Location : In my office making templates, experimenting with codes. *snaps goggles on*

Back to top Go down

Acaciastorm needs Advanced Roleplaying Tutor :3 Empty Re: Acaciastorm needs Advanced Roleplaying Tutor :3

Post  keanai Mon May 16, 2011 9:50 am

I can relate to you in many things with that. The Chrome, the eye twitch... I am super eye-twitchy about that... Anyway, let's get to the point

In my point of view, there is two types of roleplay. The emotional kind with the emotional character, and the actiony kind with that type of character. Of course, there is a combination of the two, too. But lemme explain myself first

If you play a super emotional character, or a slightly confusing character, it's good {in advanced rp} to include a paragraph or two of what the character feels or thinks. Sometimes, if the moment is right, including a flashack post might give insight to how your character's history was. It also could help how another character reacts to your character afterword, creating an interesting plot

If your character is more action oriented, then don't focas to much on thoughts and describing exactly how your character feels. It may be better to include more action in the post instead.

If your character is sorta like the in-between character, then make sure you have a good combination of both

Also, I suggest that you give as you get. Don't try giving a five paragraph responce to a one-liner. Unless you are a freakin' miracle at writing, it's virtually impossible. i know. I've tried it before...and failed epicly. But sometimes, if you have a plot, it's okay to do that. just make sure you don't give 15 paragraphs about why you like the colour brown, what you ate for breakfast and why you chose to wear a brown hat. It's good you think of all those details, but I garantee that no one will read your post if you do that

If you would like some examples of advanced roleplay, click Valucre: The Real danger Behind the Gates, If you go a little mor einto the thread, you will see posts th]at I have made

keanai

Female

Back to top Go down

Acaciastorm needs Advanced Roleplaying Tutor :3 Empty Re: Acaciastorm needs Advanced Roleplaying Tutor :3

Post  ϡ Acacia~! Tue May 17, 2011 1:32 am

Good points, I never thought of it like that. :/ Is there anything else? Should we start a sample roleplay?
ϡ Acacia~!
ϡ Acacia~!
Medicine Cat
Medicine Cat

Female
Location : In my office making templates, experimenting with codes. *snaps goggles on*

Back to top Go down

Post  starmz123 Tue May 17, 2011 4:23 am

If you want I can be your tutor, I absolutely love, love, LOVE advanced and have successfully tutored others before, on WCRPG. Razz
starmz123
starmz123
Medicine Cat
Medicine Cat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  ϡ Acacia~! Tue May 17, 2011 4:56 am

Yes please Star. Acaciastorm needs Advanced Roleplaying Tutor :3 Smiley
ϡ Acacia~!
ϡ Acacia~!
Medicine Cat
Medicine Cat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  keanai Tue May 17, 2011 5:15 am

Hya there Starmz. Feel free to take over from here. I know how to do advance decently, but also...can I join in for that too, so I could gwet a little better and to help accacia?

(( the teacher gets teached....)))

keanai

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  starmz123 Tue May 17, 2011 7:06 am

Yup, sure! No problem~

Why not you two start with a RP sample? [Remember, it must abide by the Advanced rules - at least 6 sentences, proper grammar and spelling!]
starmz123
starmz123
Medicine Cat
Medicine Cat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  ϡ Acacia~! Tue May 17, 2011 7:36 am

Oh, the irony! Acaciastorm needs Advanced Roleplaying Tutor :3 Wink

A RP Sample:

Lithepaw padded energetically, her pelt brushing against those of other cats'. It was a rather thin passage to the Gathering, however the small, optimistic apprentice didn't mind. She could barely suppress skipping the rest of the way. She was rather joyful -- it was her first Gathering! Lithepaw's keen green eyes glowed with jubilation as she made her way to the space with the other RiverClan cats. Her slightly damp pelt shone lightly in the moonlight. She sat carefully on her haunches and began to groom herself, licking the moisture from her yellow tabby fur. Every now and then she sneaked upward glances. Though she was quite well-liked in her Clan she did not feel, at the moment, particularly social.

Lithepaw shifted her gaze up to the leaders. A small purr escaped her throat. The leaders always seemed to report the good news. She briefly remembered a time where the Clans were in havoc, yet the leaders, at every Gathering, had yet to report anything.At least now there is peace, and plentiful amounts of prey. Lithepaw suddenly contemplated coming to the Gathering as a warrior -- she let out another amused purr, thinking of all the boasting she would do! Of course, boasting wasn't a particularly good thing, however Lithepaw didn't think that she could stand keeping quiet.

As Lithepaw groomed herself, a thought struck her: 'Why not have friends from other Clans?' Lithepaw's eyes shone with pride -- of course, that's what her mentor would consider a good idea. At least, what her mentor might consider. She didn't yet have a mentor. Lithepaw's ears flattened slightly but she padded toward the WindClan cats, whiskers twitching with delight. She wondered if any apprentices would welcome her.
ϡ Acacia~!
ϡ Acacia~!
Medicine Cat
Medicine Cat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  starmz123 Tue May 17, 2011 7:56 am

Great job! Razz Just one thing - you may want to consider a colon [;] instead of doing so many periods when tying short sentences, but other then that - awesome!

Here is a star-shaped cookie:

Like a Star @ heaven
starmz123
starmz123
Medicine Cat
Medicine Cat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  ϡ Acacia~! Tue May 17, 2011 8:20 am

*nom* Anything else?
ϡ Acacia~!
ϡ Acacia~!
Medicine Cat
Medicine Cat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  starmz123 Tue May 17, 2011 8:22 am

She briefly remembered a time where the Clans were in havoc, yet the leaders, at every Gathering, had yet to report anything. - Not too sure about that.

And remember a space before the italics after that sentence.
starmz123
starmz123
Medicine Cat
Medicine Cat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  ϡ Acacia~! Tue May 17, 2011 8:23 am

*reads it intently and nods thoughtfully* You're right.

Now, how to write quicker? *ponders*
ϡ Acacia~!
ϡ Acacia~!
Medicine Cat
Medicine Cat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  starmz123 Tue May 17, 2011 8:24 am

To write quicker? As in type quicker or .. ?
starmz123
starmz123
Medicine Cat
Medicine Cat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  keanai Tue May 17, 2011 9:43 am

Advance does not have to be six sentences >.>

Here is an example ((my own version, not nessecarily by the "rules"))

My eyes flickered left to right, from one to another. It was an absolute hell here. Here I was, with cats debating whether I should live or not, when I am supposed to- My line of thinking stopped as I was attacked viscously. Apparently I didn't here the verdict. Oh well.

"You mother *******!" I hissed,claws swiping across one of the faces. It was impossible to miss; with them so close. Pushing myself foreward, I barreled into a gray tabby, my own sandy fur dark with blood. Some of it mine, some of it others.

I felt a stinging pain in the back of my head and struggled to stay consious. Damnit! I yowled in my head, as my claws lashed out behind me. I felt them sink into something soft. I gripped that soemthing with my claws, and yanked. Whatever I had came out and I looked at my claws, wondering what exactly I ripped off while the injured cat screamed in pain.

I instantly regretted it. "Ewwwwww!!" I muttered, flexing my claws, trying to get that darn eye off of it. It didn't obey. frustrated, I retracted my claws, and with relief, I felt the eyeball slide off. I looked down again.

The eyes was ripped, and bloody, almost torn to pieces. I shivered, my fur bristling nervously. That's when I relized something.I'm not being attacked

Surprised, I looked around. All the cats were frozen in place, looking at me, except for that one cat who now only has one eye. I peered closely at the cat. where it's eye used to be was a gaping whole of bloody, ripped flesh. Call me gross, but it reminded me of a very deliscious peice of prey I ate.

A thought struck me, and I lunged foreward, making the cats in front of me jump backwards, as though I was aiming for them. no, I was aiming for the pained cat. I landed squarely by it.

"Mer-mercy," it choked out, and I saw it was a she-cat. "Kill me, pl-please," My eyes glimmered sadly as I nodded. I knew what it felt to want to die. So I respected her wishes. My claws sinking into her neck, I heard outraged and shocked yowls across the clearing. I raised my head, my ears twitching.

"What?" I demanded to the nearest cat, a pretty tortoiseshell. the cat cowered in front of me and I glared at it. "Tha-that was our- my group's- leader, you-your Grace." she stammered.

I nearly laughed aloud. Your Grace? What kind of title is that? Keeping my emotions under a tight bond, I spoke. "You are now the leader. " the tortoiseshell looked at me in shock.

"You are to turn this group around, and to stop shitting on StarClan's path, understand me? you will no longer terroize beings, and will only kill for food. If I see hear, or think otherwise, you will end up the same way as your former leader over there," I gestured with my tail. "Now go!"

The she-cat fled, and I turned around. I wasn't really going to do that, but it made them listen. My jaw tight, I walked away until I faded into the darkness, no longer seen

keanai

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  ϡ Acacia~! Tue May 17, 2011 9:36 pm

Yes, to type faster. XD
ϡ Acacia~!
ϡ Acacia~!
Medicine Cat
Medicine Cat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  starmz123 Wed May 18, 2011 1:09 am

-Blink- Well, technically no, but on a bio it DOES have to be - which I associate with saying that generally above 6 sentences is the norm.

First of all, you don't need the an before absolute hell. Conscious is spelled ... well, conscious, instead of consius. Yup, you've got several other spelling mistakes too - such as deliscious = delicious, soemthing - something, etc.

Proof-reading it and using spell-check if you really don't know how to spell something would help tremendously, Keanai.

And to type faster - well you've come to the right person! I'm a touch-typer. Razz First off, it's easier if you can memorize every key's location - eventually, the end result should be like this = You can type pretty much every key blindfolded, and know if you've made a mistake and automatically delete it and replace it with the correct word/spelling. Very Happy

Basically, it takes a bit of time, but it's really awesome when you get to do it. Very Happy Try placing your left hand on the w, e,a, d, and f keys [or at least somewhere around there], and your right hand somewhere near the i, o, h, and : keys. :]
starmz123
starmz123
Medicine Cat
Medicine Cat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  ϡ Acacia~! Wed May 18, 2011 1:15 am

Could you expand on that?

Anyway, this is a test I did with my eyes closed:

ok, hi there, this is a test to see if I can memorise where the keyboatf’s keys are.

I think I did pretty well. ^.^
ϡ Acacia~!
ϡ Acacia~!
Medicine Cat
Medicine Cat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  starmz123 Wed May 18, 2011 2:16 am

Razz Yes, not at all bad for a beginner!

Hmm - okay, why not try typing a paragraph without looking at the keyboard?
starmz123
starmz123
Medicine Cat
Medicine Cat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  ϡ Acacia~! Wed May 18, 2011 2:18 am

Thanks! *preens*

Since I'm incredibly young and muse-less it'll take a while to think of a paragraph. *thinks*
ϡ Acacia~!
ϡ Acacia~!
Medicine Cat
Medicine Cat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  starmz123 Wed May 18, 2011 2:19 am

Really? How old are you? [It's okay if you don't want to answer Razz]

Okay, umm - try writing a paragraph with Lithepaw.
starmz123
starmz123
Medicine Cat
Medicine Cat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  ϡ Acacia~! Wed May 18, 2011 2:22 am

It's fine. Seeing as there's almost no way you'll contact me in real life, it's safe to tell you that I'm 11. See! Terribly young. Razz

Paragraph:

Bleh, that was terrible. @.@ Both in role playing wise and spelling wise. XD
ϡ Acacia~!
ϡ Acacia~!
Medicine Cat
Medicine Cat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  starmz123 Wed May 18, 2011 3:27 am

Ah! Saameee - if you're from WCRPG, just pop Starmz [me] a PM if you need a bio approved, I'll do it in a jiffy. Smile

-Tries not to visibly cringe-

Well, it seems like the most problematic is the punctuation - so maybe try familiarizing yourself with it - touch typing is almost like you 'feel' the keys and you know it. So the first step is to know each key's position, like caps lock is next to a and s is next to a - that helps a lot. Very Happy
starmz123
starmz123
Medicine Cat
Medicine Cat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  ϡ Acacia~! Wed May 18, 2011 3:38 am

Oh, okay. :3 I'll do that now. I'll look for you on WC:RPG. XD
ϡ Acacia~!
ϡ Acacia~!
Medicine Cat
Medicine Cat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  starmz123 Wed May 18, 2011 4:27 am

Razz 'Kay.

:]
starmz123
starmz123
Medicine Cat
Medicine Cat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  keanai Wed May 18, 2011 6:42 am

the reason why I have mis-spells is because of how fast I type. Most of the time I type to fast for the computer to register, and my letterd become all jumbled. And to be really technical, you don't need to spell right. As long as the fist and last letter of the word is the same, your okay

keanai

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next